Tuesday, January 30, 2007

All That I'm Living For

This week is all about getting to Thursday. It's been a very difficult couple of weeks. (Do I really keep saying that, or does it just feel that way?) At work I am in charge of just about anything with an on/off switch. In the past 20 days or so, every single thing in my building has rebelled. If it's not the phones, it's the internet, the reservation system, or some other mission critical piece of software. Last night I was there until 9 pm with our phone guy. Most of the time I don't mind, but sometimes it is just so hard.

On Thursday I will be flying far, far away. Mostly I'm going to St Louis to visit my grandparents, but Friday will be even more. Friday is like my birthday and Christmas -- I'll be going into the city to see world champion skating under the lights. It's really become a holiday for me. I'm a big geek when it comes to figure skating -- I can admit it! This is my 12th year going to see this particular tour. I just love it!

There should also be snow in St Louis. What is funny is that it might snow here in Raleigh on Thursday too. A couple of weeks ago we got a little bit here. It's the first time we've had any since I moved to my townhouse. I've added a picture below -- please ignore the scary grass in my yard. I already have big plans for the weekend after I come home.


I'll be home just in time for the "big game" on Sunday. Then Monday it's back to the building -- I hope it behaves while I am away.



**Programming note -- Kings@Canes Feb 13 -- I'll be there.**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to send you an email, but I have been so busy with work. We have lost a bunch of people. It has been 6 days a week for me with no break coming up. I have a feeling the Kings will beat the Canes big time. May I say that the Kings never let me down (they won when i went to see the Detroit game). PS I found a drinking game for Studio 60 that I will forward to you when I have a chance.