Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Anna Begins

Tonight I was looking through my CDs and found a totally awesome disk that I didn’t even remember owning. I used to have a bit of a CD buying problem and in the last two years (since I bought my house?) that has dwindled to almost nothing. I think buying songs online has contributed as well. After my recent road trip I’m tired of the same 15 CDs I always tote around with me. Now I feel like I got a new CD and it didn’t cost a thing.

This CD has a song I just adore. A few years ago I was listing to friends play music at a coffee house in Durham (or was it Chapel Hill?) and I almost fell out of my chair when they played this song. I always thought it was mine.

I’m going to listen to it on the way to work tomorrow and remember who I used to be. Hint: it wasn’t Anna.

PS Whatever happened to the Mumbling Beefheads?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yes, "Anna Begins" is such a great song, isn't it? How nice to find this reference to some time we spent together-- and you wrote it on my birthday!! But I haven't checked your blog in awhile; I've been "off" blogs and blogging completely for awhile, but I'm back now.

Sadly, the Mumbling Beefheads aren't back. Since Nat's second son Levi was born back in Feb. 2005, the Beefheads haven't been able to do coffe houses so much.... Still, it's nice of you to wonder, and to miss them!