Monday, February 11, 2008

Say Goodbye

Stillman, Commodore headed to Ottawa after trade from Carolina
Caniac Nation is freaking out a bit today. I came home and did what I do when hockey trades go down. I check out what the interwebs have to say.

It's never good when the trade headline give top billing to the players leaving your team. It's like, these two great guys have gone away to win where they can. Good luck with that, boys! Oh yeah, almost forgot. You get these two back in return. Good luck with that, Canes fans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the hockey blogs you forwarded. I called Brian (the guy who knows Joe Corvo) and told him that the fans hate him (that even Heather McIntyre is down on him) and that he needs to shave his facial hair. Brian told me he would call Corvo today and pass on my advice. Let me know if he shaves the goatee.

Anonymous said...

Goatee intact. He's had the flu this week - maybe he was too sick to shave?

Funny follow up -- told a couple of friends at the game last night that you did that and we were sitting in the 10th row, center ice, behind the penalty box. Corvo ended up in there and my mom yelled, "Hey Joe - this is Heather right here" which probably made me sound like a stalker. Lovely.

Heather said...

Darn it - hit ok before I was done.

Not so much down on the trade -- more that I really, really liked Mike Commodore. I even had a Commie shirt that will have to be retired. We don't have any guys with tats like Corvo -- he's definitely not your average Hurricane.

I'll run into him at Starbucks or the grocery store eventually. In random, ordinary life I've bumped into about 7 or 8 of them so far. Saw Rod Brind'Amour the other day at lunch.