Thursday, October 01, 2009

Song For a Future Generation

Also from July...

I just spent an extraordinary long weekend in Southern California.  It's wonderful to be able to check in with my oldest friends and take a new mental snapshot of where they are these days.  The children just keep growing, despite my pleas to stop feeding them, and they are really wonderful little people.  
 
My best friend's son has discovered music and his world has gotten a little bigger. It's a joy to watch.  He's an encyclopedia of little facts and background on the bands and the songs, much like I was at that age. 

One of my favorite moments happened driving the two kids to the movies, flying down the freeway, with the radio blasting the same station I listen to as a kid, he and I singing together in the car (his little sister in the back seat making faces at us).  I loved that day.

No comments: