Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Car Crash

I’m wide awake and so alive…

Every once in a while I feel more awake in my life. Sometimes it can be something as simple as taking a walk and smelling someone cooking in their yard, or hearing a song I love while driving with the windows open. It reminds me that I’m living my life instead of just waiting for it to start.

I went on a trip a couple of weeks ago and everything was just so normal. Just the same things I do every day and everything that I had planned. I did a few things that scare me (like standing on glass 110+ stories up in the air) and took a little time to appreciate where I was, notice my surroundings, and spent time with a very good friend. But still...

I want to feel the car crash
'cause I'm dying on the inside
I want to let go and know that I'll be alright, alright

It was so nice to be me, somewhere else. Maybe that’s why I love traveling so much. I get to try out a different life. Feel what it’s like to be a different version of me.

When I come home, I’m the regular me again. The one who is still waiting for whatever is next…does anyone else feel like that? At some point do you feel like you are just living instead of waiting?

No comments: