Wednesday, July 11, 2007

You Oughta Know

I love trivia games.

I have stayed late at work so that I can get to the gym in time to watch all of the "good parts" of Jeopardy while I walk my first mile. I don't care about Final Jeopardy -- too many commercials before we get to the "Ancient Forms of Currency" or "Prime Ministers Pets" question.

A few years ago, there was a Rock & Roll version that I was really good at. It was on Sunday mornings and back in the days when it took a written invitation to wake me up on the weekends. (Where did those days go?)

I have a new favorite. The World Series of Pop Culture on VH1. It's on every night for the next week or two and it is so much fun. So far tonight there has been a category of Aaron Spelling shows, songs with guy's names (Mr Jones anyone?) and another funny, yet unfortunate, category of songs about...butts. Who knew there were so many? Who knew I knew so many of them?

I may be the only person I know watching. Seriously! It's dark out so you aren't missing any summer -- go turn on your tv. There is no nutritional value and you probably won't learn much, but you'll have a good time.

No comments: