Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wide Open Spaces

The morning started with a drive from American Canyon (let's just call it Vallejo) to Novato then out to Bodega Bay. Bodega is one of those places where I can just...breathe.


Isn't it heaven?


Then I went to Rohnert Park, where Sonoma State University is located. They have Starbucks now -- of course I found it immediately. I went to the bookstore on campus and it still looked exactly the same as it did the first time I went there, almost 20 years ago as a freshman in high school. The rest of the campus looks totally different.



Something is eating Stevenson Hall.

Going back to the hotel I drove through Santa Rosa, Sonoma and Napa. I was out driving for hours and hours. It was a lovely day.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SSU and Buds Burgers there is nothing better in life. You are luck to have attended the greatest college in Sonoma county and ate at the best restraunt in Vallejo!!!! I am envious of your trip. Oh well its only 85 degrees here in Vegas so things could be worse. How I miss the fog.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Bodega is one of my favorite places as well. As for American Canyon, it is in Napa county and the citizens pay Napa County taxes to support the vineyards and their schools. Lets just call American Canyon Southern Napa.