Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My Boyfriend's Back

I've had a rough few days. School, regular work, problems with work, the anniversary of my grandfather's death -- just many things on my mind.

My escape from the day-to-day-ness of my life is hockey. The Canes have been up and down for weeks, hovering between relevance and well, not being very good.

Last night they played the Washington Capitals (my father's team) and it wasn't even on TV. I spent the whole day looking forward to coming home and watching the boys play. Instead I got UVA vs Clemson. So not the same thing.

Today was the trade deadline for the NHL. 3pm came and went with no news for the Canes. About 3:45 one of my funniest coworkers came in and told me there was a deal pending. As the pieces came together, the news went from odd, to sad, to absolutely fantastic. My boyfriend's back.

No comments: