Wednesday, April 04, 2007

It Ends Tonight

It's a sad day for Canes fans.  I don't know which is worse: having your team sink to the depths in the standings with half a season left to go, or fighting until the 80th game and losing with two games left.  I think I'd rather hang around to the bitter end.  The hardest part, is that today the whole hockey world is using the "f" word* to describe our skaters.  It's simply not true.
Believe we when I say that I know that hockey is not the most important thing in the world.  It's just that the real world is quite scary at times and it's nice to have such an escape from it.  Some days there doesn't seem like anything to look forward to, and then I realize that 7pm isn't far away and another roller coaster ride is about to begin.  I especially love the nights when I get to be in the arena, driving down Creedmoor with my goofy car flags, watching at the parade of red lights racing down the hill...or better yet the ride home with those same cars and flags, after a big win when everyone honks and waves at each other at stoplights.  I'm going to miss it.
Rest well -- we'll see you in October.  It just seems so far away. 
 
*fluke

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

"Ah, when to the heart of a man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To bow with a grace to reason,
And say good-bye to the end
of a love or a season."

from "Reluctance" -Robert Frost