Monday, April 09, 2007

Mary Had a Little Lamb

My NC friends know that this is a wonderful area to live in. If I ever have children of my own I want them to be raised in an area like this. If you live here you know the pros and cons (weather, friendliness, proximity to mountains, beaches, sports, theater, blah, blah, blah). Where else can you have 80 degrees of steam and then snow in the very same week? If you don't live here you won't be swayed by a few glowing remarks. You just have to experience this place to understand.

My CA friends think I live in some God-forsaken area where I may be the only person who knows how to read, conjugate a verb correctly or count to 100. I think when Kim and her family arrive next month they will be happily surprised to learn that I have indoor plumbing...and shocked to learn I have more bathrooms in my house than they do in theirs.

So, last week my coworker and I are playing the "this headline says it all game" (some headlines on CNN and MSNBC just don't need to be read further) when one pops up on CNN that said something like "Man Arrested with 80 Sheep in House." We laughed at it and went on with our day. Later I learn he lives in Apex (a suburb of Raleigh). No wonder my friends think I'm nuts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,

I know you have bathrooms!I love ya!!!

Kimbers