Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

I really did have the best of intentions. I was going to get up this morning, go to the gym and try running on the treadmill (in general, I do not run). I was going to sleep in a little, get there at 10 and do something until 11, then come home and tackle my day. But you see, early this morning there were rumbles of thunder, and then the pitter-patter of raindrops. There was a dog snuggled up next to me who is afraid of the rain. It is one of those mornings where, had it been a weekday, I would have thought it was a lovely day to stay home in bed. So I am.

Besides, somehow in this day I need to finish my laundry, make a couple of necklaces, run to the pet store, paint my toes, write about 10 emails, upload some pictures, start making piles of things to pack for Vegas (work, not play), watch the Olympics (since when do I like basketball?), watch last week’s Mad Men, watch this week’s Mad Men, and tackle the pile of work I brought home from the office. Isn’t that enough running?

Wake me up when it’s Monday. I’m going back to bed.

1 comment:

shellopez said...

Good for you!!! That sounds yummy! What does your house look like? =) New/old? Sounds like a full day to me.