Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)

This week I am becoming a college student again. Starting Wednesday I will be an East Carolina University Pirate. I got a booklet in the mail for new students that included a 10 item list of what to do (and not do) at ECU football games. Apparently, I am supposed to hate NC State (sorry Beth) even though the feeling isn't mutual. There were cheers listed that I'm supposed to learn and traditions to upload. It was a fun reminder of all the other things you learn that aren't in books.

I'm "attending" online so this will be a lot different than my days at Fullerton and Sonoma. No roommates, no dining halls...no ditching class, no one to pass notes with in class. Should be interesting -- or at least as interesting as accounting can be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'm not offended - the big "rivalry" between ECU & State didn't really start until after my short career there, when ECU suddenly got a decent coach and illusions of football grandeur...Even tho I attended ECU (briefly), my heart will always always be with the Wolfpack. That probably makes me worse than a traitor to a loyal Pirate!
Beth

Anonymous said...

No school can be better than SSU!!!
Go Cossaks

Heather said...

Haven't you heard? They are Seawolves now (whatever the heck that is). Apparently neither wolves nor the ocean were offended by that.