Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Live and Let Die

Between my recent vacation, illness and obsession with the Carolina Hurricanes, I have not had much to write about.  Bronchitis isn't fun or interesting and spending your vacation with bronchitis isn't fun or interesting either.  I find the Canes, on the cusp of the last step in the quest for the Cup to be fascinating, but I know most of my friends do not.  I spent my entire yoga class tonight trying to decide how I was going to try to get 2 or 3 computers set up to try to buy tickets when Stanley Cup Finals tickets (eventually) go on sale and how I can refinance my car to pay for them (just kidding).  As I type the Canes are going into overtime in game 6 -- if the Canes win, they advance to the Finals for the second time in 5 years.  I couldn't get tickets in 2002 and am determined that I will be there this time around.  If the Sabres win (ps-by-the-way Buffalo fans are obnoxious -- I saw several hundred up close at game 1 and it wasn't pretty) then we have to suffer through to game 7 and it's anyone's game.  Pray for the Canes!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Why oh why did I hit send on that post???? Within 10 seconds the Sabres scored in overtime and now we're going to Game 7. Damn. I know -- most exciting thing in sports, blah blah blah, but I'd rather we didn't have to go there.