Sunday, June 11, 2006

Better Off

Every time I go on vacation, I try to make myself a better person.  Sometimes by learning languages (Russian - CA road trip '99, French in Montreal '04), sometimes it's self help books (Dr Phil, another CA trip), sometimes I go places where I can learn things.  It's always something.
 
I am currently in Arizona where I will be attending a conference for work.  Until that starts, I refuse to do anything to better myself.  I slept in.  Bought two coffees (got one to drink then and bought an extra to keep in the fridge in my room -- it was really hard to find!).  Went to the pool for 2 hours.  Went shopping and bought presents for my dogs and got take out from The Cheesecake Factory for dinner (as in, I'm having cheesecake for dinner).  Went swimming again.  Now I'm watching hockey and then I'll go swimming again.
 
I'm in paradise and I know I'm being self-indulgent and lazy -- but do we really have to strive to be better every day?
 
[By the way, Better Off is by Theory of a Deadman, a Canadian band I discovered watching, of course, hockey]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where in AZ are you staying? I have gotten to know the Phoenix area pretty well. I stayed for 2 weeks there in summer for training and have gone back several times for spring training. We are planning on going for a weekend this summer as Christine's best friend is a Dr. at the local hospital and has promised me free field level tickets for the Dbacks.

I am sure AZ is as hot as is it here in Vegas. We went to CA for the weekend and it was so nice to be in 80 degree weather comapred to the 104 it has been here.

Enjoy the pool.

WD