Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Beautiful Day

What a wonderful weekend! Our traveling party was made up of my step-grandmother, Lola, our family friend, Nelda, my mother and myself. We arrived in Providence on Thursday and crashed at an airport hotel then drove out to Sandwich (Mass) on Friday morning. We caught up with the family at lunch and had the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner (lobster, anyone?). At the rehearsal we all got to see the proposal slideshow Seth made for Beverly -- it was about 45 minutes long, terribly romantic, and after watching it I really got to know them both a lot better.
Saturday, we woke up to a perfect day. The ladies and I decided to take a short trip up to Plymouth to do a little sight-seeing. As soon as we got there, we got a call that we had moved up the gathering time for family pictures before the ceremony. We had a quick lunch (more lobster) and hustled back to Sandwich. Oh yes, and we saw the actual Plymouth Rock. Did you know it is actually just a rock in a hole in the ground with spotlights?

The ceremony was held at a large garden in front of an enormous windmill. I have never really wanted to get married outside myself, but if I did, it would be there. It was just so pretty. My part (the reading) was right after their vows -- so I had the extra benefit of being a bit choked up before I ever tried to speak. I made it through ok and a lot of people after said they could tell "that was hard for me." I read a letter written by my grandfather who wasn't able to travel and he has been the guiding light in my life. Hard doesn't even begin to describe it.


Seth and Beverly are currently on their first trip overseas, driving around Ireland and I'm sure, taking thousands of pictures. I'm so jealous -- I offered to go with and be their personal driver -- oddly enough, they didn't take me up on it.

This is my Uncle Don and Aunt Gail, Beverly and Seth, and my younger cousin, Aaron.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! So glad you had a good time. It meant so much to have you there with us!! You did a great job at the reading. Love you much!
Aunt Gail