Thursday, August 17, 2006

Weekend in New England

I'm just about ready to leave for my cousin's wedding in Massachusetts this weekend.  I've never been to Cape Cod before and I'm really looking forward to going someplace new and seeing that side of my family.  I've always felt like there was a city mouse/country mouse aspect to our relationship while we were growing up.  We grew up on opposite sides of the country; he in a big suburban area and I spent my childhood on a farm out in the boonies; he's a boy, I'm a girl -- the list goes on and on.  We didn't see each other much and I think that we both appreciate each other more now that we are older.  The groom has a younger brother named Aaron -- he is 13 years younger than me and reminds me a lot of myself.  I have only met the bride once, but she has been a part of our family for a few years now and it's time to make it all legal.  It should be a fun weekend.  Did I mention I have to read in public?  Seth and Beverly asked me to read something during the ceremony and we settled on a letter written by my grandfather, who can't make the trip.  It should be a special moment.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Have a wonderful time! Post pics!