Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

"That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes,
an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn..."


Growing up in Southern California, I could always be sure of two things. Wearing shorts on New Year's Day and REM being playing IMMEDIATELY after an earthquake on KROQ. I remember running to turn on the radio while my building was still shaking, at 4 in the morning, after the Northridge quake in 1994. It's almost how we knew the world really was shaking around us and that it wasn't all a weird dream.

I heard it tonight on my way home from work and finally really heard the third line. Hmm. Ernesto is on the way to NC right now and it's pouring outside. Who know it would work for both coasts?

No comments: