Monday, April 03, 2006

Enjoy the Silence

My week here in Missouri is just about over.  It's been a long trip, but it has passed quickly.  At the beginning the days seemed to stretch out in front of me, now is a few short hours until I head for home and it seems like there wasn't enough time. 
 
It has been a very quiet week -- days spent working on my laptop, running errands to the grocery store or to get lottery tickets (the prize is huge this week, you just have to try), making dinners for two.  My grandfather has been in very good spirits this week; we've given each other a lot of space but also opened up to each other a lot.  I know someday I will look back and cherish these days.
 
I joked at dinner that I might have a rough reentry back to my noisy life.  I miss my dog and my house and my friends.  I've enjoyed the silence here, but it's time to go back to my place in the world.

No comments: