Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Neon

Neon is one of my favorite songs, ever.  John Mayer is such a smart songwriter.  It always makes me want to dance in a lose yourself kind of way, with a drink in one hand, twinkle lights and a bunch of people to sing and dance with.  Kind of like the night in New Orleans but with people I know and I'm skinnier.
 
I think maybe I feel like the girl in the song -- "She's always buzzing just like neon..who knows how long she can go before she burns away." 
 
Sometimes there is just so much to juggle and handle and be responsible for and my mind just buzzes all day trying to keep up.  Today was one of these days and tomorrow will be even more so.  That's not even about the song...just how I feel tonight. 
 
I think the girl in the song is adored by someone, even though he knows she's not good for him.  It's been a looooooooong time since I've been that girl.

No comments: