Monday, April 24, 2006

Harder to Breathe

The Canes are down 2-0 to the Habs.  After a magical season, this may be our last week and Saturday may have been my last game.  There is a reason they play 7 games -- 2 isn't enough to determine a champion and I don't believe they are done yet.  The year they ran to the Finals they won each of the first three rounds in 6 games so there is still PLENTY of time.  Tonight's game lasted 3 hours and 47 minutes -- ran into it's second overtime before Michael freaking Ryder scored.  They started off fighting, never gave up, came back from being down 3 goals to tie, lead, tie, go behind and tie again...(gulp) then fought through the first full overtime and on into the second.  Keep fighting boys!
 
Michael Ryder note: When I went to the Devils/Habs game in Montreal a few years ago I sat in the Michael Ryder rookie section.  In Montreal certain sections are named for rookies and the people sitting there win stuff if their rookie scores a goal.  The entire game was announced en Francais and I was able to catch enough to know what was going on, with the exception of the contests.  If I had known I may have rooted the kid on -- back then. 

No comments: