Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Breathe

In trying to improve certain areas of my life -- my stress level, my aching back, my age creeping up on me...I have been playing with the idea of taking up yoga. I took my first class tonight and survived! My aching back is well, back and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning.

One of the things the teacher said at the end, when we were all trying to relax and get, er, centered, really got to me. It doesn't have to be pretty or perfect, you just have to keep breathing. That applies to life just as much as yoga, don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very insightful

Heather said...

I was right about hurting today, but I'll live. THe only part I really didn't like was the "happy baby" pose that looked a little like trying to give birth. Not fun.