Wednesday, March 01, 2006

How Much is That Doggy in the Window?

This is not going to be a blog about my dog. I swear. But on occasion there will be stories. Sometimes she does something that is so darn cute that I can't help wanting to talk about her. I have a guest bedroom upstairs in my townhouse and it faces the street where I park my car. I know she sits up there most of the day, looking out the window and probably seeing nothing (because dogs are supposed to have really, really bad vision) but she seems very happy there. She has 3 other beds of her own, 2 couches, a doghouse...but she spends all her time on that bed, looking out the window. That is, until I get home. I put my key in the door when I get home from work each day and ba-dump ba-dump ba-dump -- she races down the stairs to see me, doing her happy dance and wagging her body because she has no tail. She basically tap dances across the kitchen. It is the best feeling in the world -- knowing she is that happy to see me. I know she would do the same thing for a burglar too, but I don't care. Today's happy dance is for me and I'm just as happy to be home to hang out with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't pets wonderful? After you, Coco and Ivy are the best children I have. And, where else can you get such cheap fur coats?!!
GSM