Sunday, March 12, 2006

We Got the Beat

Can I just say how disturbing it is that advertising executives have hijacked a ton of the songs I grew up with and use them in commercials? Some of them are just so bizarre. I just saw a Papa John's commercial that changed the words to an 80's classic to "We Got the Meat." That's just bad. Not too long ago HP used a Cure song, to my continued disbelief. I'd love to know how that pitch went. "We know you are one of the touchstones of a generation but we think "Pictures of You" would really help us sell printers. You in?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you think it makes me feel to know that a whole generation will forever associate Led Zeppelin with Cadillac, for god's sake?? Say it ain't so, Jimmy!

Heather said...

Even sadder, they probably don't even know it's Led Zeppelin.