Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Devil(s) Went Down to (Atlanta) Georgia

And they LOST.  This is the fun part of running our office pool -- half of the players were just knocked out (sorry guys!).  Not having grown up in North Carolina, I don't think I have the same ACC bias that my friends do.  Don't misunderstand me, I picked ACC newcomer Boston College to be the last team standing, but I have no real logic behind that other than that I have a friend who lives in Boston, I have a Boston Terrier and I like the Red Sox.  Isn't that how you are supposed to pick the winner?  At least until tomorrow night, I'm still in it. 
 
I have to admit I also committed the cardinal sin of choosing a team to advance because a parent went there -- go UCLA!  Maybe I have a Pac 10 bias?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of those poor sad fools that had Duke vs UNC and am now wallowing in my own self pity. I assumed that since the people in my pool were mostly PAC 10 people I would be able take home all the money!!! Now I am out $10 and another $10 on a side bet.

Heather said...

You told me Gonzaga would break my heart a few years ago and I never forgot. So instead I had Boston College winning the whole thing. There's always next year.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, break your heart....wallowing in self-pity....You guys should be State fans! (That's NC State for those who don't know.)